Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 22




How Far Along: 22 weeks!

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a spaghetti squash (or celery), about 11 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6 pounds gained so far.

Maternity Clothes: wearing more and more each week - my regular tops still fit, but they are getting too short to cover up the panel in the maternity pants, so I've resorted to wearing some larger tops or maternity tops.

Gender: BOY! And little guy has a name - William. We chose this name because it is both of our grandfathers' names. We haven't decided on a middle name yet, but we're already loving calling him by his name!

Movement: he's kicking, pushing and stretching a lot these days!

Sleep: still sleeping wonderfully

What I miss: being able to walk up a flight of stairs without sounding like I just ran a marathon.

What I’m looking forward to: spending time with my mom making little guy's bedding and curtains. :)

Cravings:  red grapes, oranges and honey mustard sauce. I also had a mad craving on Sunday for pancakes. Nathan was nice enough to accommodate my cravings and he even ate them with me for Sunday lunch!  

Aversions: I actually ate scrambled eggs for the first time again! They weren't terrible, and they didn't make me gag, but I doubt I'll make them again.
  
Symptoms: Still feeling great! 

Belly Button In or Out: still getting flatter

Best Moment This Week: all the one-on-one time me and Nathan have been having where we talk, plan and laugh about the baby. We even started reading a birthing book together, and those quiet times have been so sweet and special. 

We also got the sweetest package from a dear sweet lady that used to go to church with my family back in AL. She sent little William a book, and it's the cutest thing! I can't wait to read it to him out loud. :)

Weekly Wisdom: Note to self: If you end up parking on level 5 in the parking garage at work, do yourself a favor and take the elevator, not the stairs. You'll save yourself the embarrassment of going into work on a 20-degree day red-faced while you sweat, pant and get weird stares.

Milestones: Nathan is finally able to feel little guy kick, too! :)



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the name!! How fun that both your grandfather's shared that name.

    You look super cute... and I'm glad that you enjoyed pancakes with Nathan this weekend. Cherish that time together just the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name! I especially love the meaning behind it! Isn't it fun to actually call him by his name? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are growing - cuter by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his name, especially the meaning behind it! I'm glad you are able to cherish this time you have with just the two of you. I imagine it's so sweet being able talk and dream about your little boy!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel