Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 21

Happy Valentine's Day sweet friends! I know I usually post these baby updates on Wednesday, but I was bursting at the seams to tell you our good news, so I wanted to post this today instead. 


I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating the love(s) in your life! 




How Far Along:  21 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a carrot, about 10 1/2 inches long!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 6 pounds gained so far.

Maternity Clothes: 
Slowly starting to wear more and more maternity pants, but still fitting into my regular tops.  

Gender: 
As you can see from the photo above, we found out yesterday our little wiggler is a BOY! :) To say we're excited would be the understatement of the year...I wish I had a photo of my man's face after the sweet ultrasound tech revealed the news. I couldn't have wiped that grin off if I had tried! He is so proud, and it made my heart melt.

Movement:  
Little guy is movin' and groovin' these days!    

Sleep:  
Sleep is still so, so good. In fact, it's almost too good - I'm having the hardest time peeling myself out of our warm cozy bed in the morning. :)

What I miss: Lunch meat - Nathan's been eating cold Roast Beef sandwiches lately, and they smell sooo good! Sometimes when I make his sandwich, I just put the roast beef right up to my nose and inhale it for a few minutes...let's hope he doesn't read this and find out my secret. (grin)

What I’m looking forward to: Starting to paint, decorate and furnish our little guy's nursery!

Cravings:  
Red grapes, Mexican anything, strawberries, and popcorn. I also had a mad craving last week for chicken fingers, honey mustard sauce, and french fries, but it was quickly satisfied with a trip to the big red arch. All week I had been trying to convince myself that my PB&J sandwiches were chicken fingers, so it was SO nice to finally satisfy my craving. :) 

Aversions: Eggs. 

Symptoms:
 Still feeling wonderful! 

Belly Button In or Out: Still getting flatter. 

Best Moment This Week: 
 Yesterday's ultrasound. Seeing all the little functions of our little guy's body, and hearing that they all work properly - an answer to our prayers! Looking at his tiny little organs and bones and realizing again just how much of a miracle child birth is. Getting a nice view of baby boy's face - he has the cutest little nose I've ever seen. Seeing my man's face light up after hearing the news that he was going to have a son. Knowing without a doubt that Nathan will be the best father - ever. Spending the whole day yesterday after our appointment together, celebrating Valentine's early and thanking God for answering our prayers for a healthy baby boy. 

Weekly Wisdom: Ephesians 3:17-19...my prayer lately for our little guy: "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power . . . to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." 

Milestones: Buying baby boy's first outfit! :)





9 comments:

  1. It's a BOY!! Congrats! I can't wait to find out the name. Adorable post, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! How exciting! I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the HUGE smile on your hubbie's face when they say it is a boy. After four girls we were FOR SURE having another one, but when they said it was a boy, you couldn't wipe the smile off my hubbie's face for three days!! He asked the tech three times if that was FOR SURE what she saw. He even asked the doctor to make double sure. :) Oh, and the chicken fingers and french fry craving... I have to have them AT LEAST once a week! And the more salt the better (I know, slap my hand bad). Oh, and get used to your hubby shopping, I think our little guy has more clothes than me, the hubs, and his four sisters combined!! Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a boy! Let the shopping begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH CONGRATS! SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Rachel! I'm so excited for you two. Now... the question is -- was the first outfit a Goodwill find?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were so happy to hear it's a BOY!!!! You will both be great parents - now if HE will hurry and get here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations you two!! I know baby boy Atwood will be so precious, you both will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! We are still gleaming from the news.

    @Missy - your story made me smile! I bet your man is so happy to finally have a boy after 4 girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rachel and Nathan! Little boys are lots of fun!!
    Brooke (Nathan's cousin:)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel