Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 20


How Far Along:  20 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a banana, about 10 inches long!

Total Weight Gain/Loss
We still haven’t purchased a scale (I’m kinda’ glad about that! Ha), but if I had to guess I’d say I’ve gained about 8 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: 
Still fitting into all my regular clothes, and wearing a few maternity jeans/work pants every now and then.  

Gender: 
Our “boy” guesses from other friends, family members and some complete strangers total 7 now, with 0 “girl” guesses. Nathan still refuses to make a guess, and I’m still thinking it’s a boy. We find out Monday! (Praying our little wiggler gives us a good, clear sign of whether it’s a boy or girl.)

Movement:  
Lots of movement lately! It’s the best feeling ever.    

Sleep:  
Lots of good, uninterrupted, deep sleep.

What I miss: 
The tanning bed. I know, I know – they’re bad for you, but I sure would love some darker legs right now. I finally broke down and bought some sunless tanning lotion. I’d rather be orange than pasty white. :)  

What I’m looking forward to: 20 weeks from now, when we’re finally holding our little one in our arms, and I can kiss his/her toes, tiny hands and sweet face. It’s crazy we’re already at the halfway point.

Cravings:  
Red grapes, shrimp, pickles, cheese, and anything with Frank’s Red Hot sauce poured on top.

Aversions: Eggs. Ack…it grosses me out to even type the word.

Symptoms:
 Some hip/lower back pain, but nothing to complain about. I’m still feeling great, having lots of energy and feeling really well rested.

Belly Button In or Out: Still getting flatter. 

Best Moment This Week: 
 Finally feeling strong kicks! Up until this point, the movements have been internal and haven’t really been that strong. Now I can put my hand on my belly and feel the movements and kicks. 
Baby loves to kick after I've eaten, as if to say, "Hmmm...I like this eating thing!" :)

I also really love talking to our little one. My most favorite times are when I'm laying in bed reading out loud and I feel him/her kick. Baby must really like Karen Kingsbury novels!

Weekly Wisdom: Don’t watch those horrible videos of live natural births, hoping they’ll “prepare” you. They won’t. They’ll make you cringe, want to throw up, and make you want to stay pregnant forever just so you don’t have to endure labor in the end.

Note to self: if you're sitting at work with your pants unbuttoned and unzipped, then it's high time to consider wearing those paneled maternity works pants. Just cave in already and wear them every day. Your baby, uterus and coworkers will thank you.

Milestones: Halfway there!!!



4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl! How exciting! :) :) :)

    I will gladly follow your advice to not watch those videos.

    I love that you read out loud to baby. That is the sweetest thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Rachel! You look so adorable! I love your cute baby bump. =) Can't wait for you to find out if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo CUTE!! I just love these baby updates. Keep 'em coming! :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no thoughts on boy or girl, but I'm excited to find out what you are having!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel