Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 19


How Far Along:  19 weeks!

Size of baby:  
According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of an heirloom tomato (or a medium cucumber if your local grocer doesn’t have those in stock – haha), about 6 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss
We don’t own a scale, so I’m still going off my last visit…4 pounds gained so far. I have a feeling this might have changed.

Maternity Clothes: 
Still fitting into all my normal tops, and some of my normal pants. My mom and I hemmed a few maternity work pants for me this week, so I’m glad to be able to wear pants again to work. 

Gender: 
We’ve had 5 people guess so far that it’s a boy, and no “girl” guesses. Some days I feel like it’s a boy, and some days I think it could be a girl – whatever the case, we’re just praying for a happy, healthy baby!  

Movement:  
I’ve been referring to him/her as our little “wiggler” lately. Instead of strong kicks, they feel more like little squirms and wiggles…almost like baby is stretching. They are definitely getting more frequent (baby wiggles happily whenever I eat!).   

Sleep:  
Sleep is still wonderful. The crazy weird dreams I’ve been having? Notsomuch. 

What I miss: 
Unfortunately (fortunately??) I haven’t had much of sweet tooth, so I haven’t been eating chocolate, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, etc. However, Valentine’s is coming up and I really wish baby would let me appreciate the goodness that is Dove Dark Chocolate. This year, I’ll probably ask Nathan to bring home a pineapple.  

What I’m looking forward to: Our next appointment – Feb 13 can’t get here fast enough! Of course we’re excited to find out the gender, but we’re also super pumped to finally see our little one again. It’s hard to believe last time, he/she was millimeters long!

Cravings:  
Red grapes, strawberries (did you know they’re good dipped in maple syrup?? Try it some time!), Mexican food (no surprise there), and raw veggies.

Aversions: Still just the eggs. 

Symptoms:
 Weird dreams! The other night I had a dream that I was eating pizza and it had chicken feathers in it (gag!). It was so realistic that I woke up feeling like I had something in my mouth.

Belly Button In or Out: Still getting flatter. 

Best Moment This Week: 
 These are really more memorable, but I want to jot them down so I don’t forget. This weekend, we went grocery shopping, and with tape measure in hand, Nathan went around the produce section measuring out a 6” veggie or fruit for my weekly photo. Finally we found the cucumber and I said, “Oh this is perfect…I’ll eat it right after we take the photo!” :)  

Sunday night I had to drive home in a bad snow storm, and I was rather nervous. The roads hadn’t been plowed and it was coming down so fast that I couldn’t see anything. My pregnancy bladder was also rather full and was in need of relieving itself. I was convinced I would end up in a ditch somewhere, having pee’d my pants. Mind you, I wasn’t worried about the ditch or wrecking my car…just the humiliation of possibly peeing my pants.

Weekly Wisdom: Note to self: a high waisted pencil skirt while 19 weeks pregnant is not a good idea, unless it has an elastic waistband or unless you’re comfortable letting it remain unzipped during the work day. Phew! I learned my lesson the hard way.

Milestones: Finally being able to tell the difference between a stomach gurgle and a baby wiggle.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the updates - I can just see Nathan wandering around with the tape measure at the store. I love hearing your thoughts and insights especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! I'm so excited for you :) And you are looking adorrrrable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited for you- How cute a little baby red head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the updates! I'm so glad you're allowing us to experience this with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel