Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yummy Pasta Salad

One of the cravings I've been experiencing lately is pasta and/or chicken salads. Our growing little one must not know it's winter in Upstate NY, because he/she has also been making me want tons of fresh fruit and tomatoes. I've been paying an arm and a leg to satisfy these cravings! :)


I saw this recipe on Recipe Shoebox and knew I needed to make it, with a few editions. This is an easy to make pasta salad that packs lots of flavor and is chocked full of yummy veggies!


Pasta Salad - Adapted from Recipe Shoebox

For the dressing:
*I like my pasta salad a little more "dry" than wet, so I decreased the amounts of the dressing ingredients below. If you like yours more wet, then I'd double what's below.
  • 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
  • 3 TBSP white vinegar
  • 2 1/2 TBSP water
  • 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
For the pasta salad:
  • 1 lb. bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
  • 1 head broccoli, chopped small
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/3 onion, diced
  • a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1 can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 c. shredded cheese
  • 1/2 c. ranch dressing
  1. Start by chopping all your veggies. Set aside.
  2. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over veggies. Mix together.
  3. Add ranch dressing and pasta, top with shredded cheese and toss to combine.
  4. Refrigerate 1 hour before eating.






3 comments:

  1. YUM!! That looks like a delish recipe! It's wonderful that the little one is craving healthy treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Just saw that you "liked" my pin of this pasta salad! Thanks so much for sharing it, I am so excited to try it!

    Also, congratulations on your little one! I have a 3 year old son and am currently 25 weeks preggers with another boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sara d., so glad to know there's more pasta salad lovers out there! Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel