Monday, January 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of Jan. 30


Last week, we did really well sticking to our menu plan until about…Thursday. I had planned that Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake that we love, but by Wednesday night the block of cheese I had reserved for that dinner had already been devoured.

And no, the pregnant person did not eat the entire thing by herself in one sitting. I only had 85% of it, so I had a little help from the man. And it was over the course of 3 days, not just 1. Thankyouverymuch.

It actually worked out perfectly because it forced me to be creative on Thursday night when dinnertime rolled around. I had no idea what to make, and our freezer and pantry were in definite need of refilling. I did, however, have some buttermilk that needed to be used, some bananas that were pretty ripe, and all the other ingredients to make these. Breakfast for dinner!


And did I mention Nathan wasn’t too hungry that night, so I got to enjoy all the deliciousness myself? Yep. I’m not joshin’ you – these things are gooood. Make a big batch and freeze the leftovers, because they’re even good reheated. Trust me.

Monday: Nathan's cooking dinner! (his specialty - Italian chicken w/ rice)


Wednesday: {Meat Free} Tomato Soup & Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches 

Thursday: {Meat Free} Baked Ziti & Salad

Friday: Leftovers





2 comments:

  1. I almost put that chicken spinach soup on the menu this week! Except... we already had a lot of chicken picked out for this week.

    Those pancakes do look really delicious and I'm glad there were more for the two of you to enjoy... hopefully Nathan will enjoy eating some leftovers for breakfast :)

    Have a blessed week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breakfast for dinner!! So awesome! That's too bad that Nathan doesn't like it, but hey, more for you and baby. =)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel