Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year + Memory Verse Challenge for 2012

Hey Friends! 


I hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year with your loved ones. We sure did. It was a low-key evening here at Casa de Atwood that consisted of sparkling grape juice, watching the ball drop, and praying in the New Year together. And, of course, there was the traditional New Year's smooch. ;)


You may notice I'm not linking up our menu this week. That's because it's a short week for us around here. We're headed to Nashville later this week to celebrate a belated Christmas with Nathan's family, and then after that we're traveling to Birmingham to see my family and friends as well. We are thrilled beyond thrilled our long-awaited vacation is finally here! We have been missing our loved ones so much. 


I do have some other fun things I want to share with you this week, all of which involve the kitchen renovation project, so stay tuned!


Oh, and I also wanted to pop on the blog today and let you know that unfortunately there is not going to be a Siesta Scripture Memory Team for 2012. I know several of you had inquired about this, and were excited to start it up for the New Year, so Beth's ministry is encouraging us to still memorize verses and find accountability partners through this year. 


Since several of you were interested in this, I'd love the honor of us all being each others accountability partners. I intend to share my memory verses here on the blog on the 1st and the 15th of every month, just like SSMT. Feel free to share yours with me by commenting below, or sharing over on Twitter. I would love to hear which verses you've chosen! 


Also, several of you emailed and said you felt overwhelmed by the 24 verse challenge last year. I encourage you to memorize as many or as few verses as you feel comfortable with. Set a goal for yourself that's reasonable and doable and stick with that. This year, to make it a bit easier on myself, I've decided to choose a "theme" and find verses around that. I'm hoping this makes finding the verses a bit easier for me this year. My theme for 2012 is STRENGTH, and I'm so excited to see what verses God reveals to me about this subject. 


The first verse I found about strength is one I've read a lot over the years, but never submitted to memory. It's found in Isaiah 41:10:

So do not fear, for I am with you; 
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Let me know if you intend to join me in memorizing Scripture for 2012 - I'd love to have the extra accountability! 

Wishing you each a blessed, healthy, and happy 2012~



4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to start with the verses I collected last year. So I'm starting with Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Rachel! I would love to join you for this challenge. =) I think I'll start with one verse a month and try to work my way up from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to join the challenge - I need the accountability and encouragement. I am going to try to memorize a passage or a chapter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know I got too overwhelmed last year, so I think I'm going to do one verse a month and then add more if I can. I'm starting with Proverbs 25:28 - "Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control."

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel