Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby Bump-ness

Now that I'm 17 weeks into this pregnancy, I'm finally starting to see some growth going on in my midsection, so I thought it might be fun to document my bump weekly. Nathan's been kind enough to take photos, and he had a great idea to get creative and stage me with fruits/veggies that are the same scale as our growing little one. 


We didn't start the "staging" process until Week 14, because up until then you couldn't really even tell I was pregnant, but here's the photos from Week 14, 15, 16, and now at week 17.







How Far Along:  17 weeks!


Size of baby:  According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a turnip (or potato, if you can't find a turnip at the store - ha), about 5 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 4 pounds gained so far. 


Maternity Clothes: Still wearing my normal clothes right now, but I have a feeling that might change soon!


Gender: We scheduled our ultrasound, and will officially know the gender on Feb. 13! I do have to say, the Doc who saw me Monday made her “guess” at what she thought we were having, and she guessed a boy. Also, last week at the airport, the TSA lady said she thought we were having a boy (not really sure why??). Nathan joked that we don't even need the ultrasound now. :)


Movement:  Finally felt my first real nudge from baby this past week, and it was the neatest thing ever. Up until this point, all the movement has felt like a small flutter, but this past week it felt like something was poking me from the inside. I can’t wait until these get stronger and more frequent! 


Sleep:  Still sleeping wonderfully. 


What I miss: Chili Cheese Hot Dogs – Nathan has been requesting this lately so I made some especially for him, and they looked and smelled soooo good! I literally wanted to pull an uncooked cold hot dog right out of the wrapper and eat it standing over the sink. (That statement would make my pre-pregnancy self gag.)

What I’m looking forward to: Finding out if baby is a boy or girl.

Cravings:  Tangy fruits – pineapple, red grapes, strawberries. I eat them all the time. Baby also really likes fruit smoothies, pasta salad, chicken salad, and anything spicy! 

Aversions: Thankfully, I didn't experience any sickness during my first trimester, but I did develop a few food aversions - eggs, red meat and Chinese food. I’m also not crazy about chocolate any more. (Another statement that would appall my pre-pregnancy self!)

Symptoms: Still feeling great! I get a little breathless every now and then, but that’s probably because of my ever-increasing waistline.

Belly Button In or Out: Getting flatter.

Best Moment This Week: Hearing our little guy or gal’s heartbeat again. It was a healthy 160!

Weekly Wisdom: This isn’t as much “wisdom” as it is something that I just want to jot down and treasure. Nathan and I have felt so overwhelmed by the exciting messages, comments, phone calls, texts, and in-person conversations we’ve shared with our friends, family, workplaces, etc. It is so nice to know there are so many people who are sharing in our excitement! All of the squeals, tears, hugs, kisses, laughs, and jaw-drops have been so incredible, and we feel extremely loved and thankful.

Milestones: Not having to pee every 30 minutes any more. I can actually make it an hour without going to the bathroom! ;)





6 comments:

  1. These pictures are DARLING! I just love this post. It made me smile! I can't wait to hear what you're having. :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me so happy! congratulations to you both! ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post! You are so adorable pregnant! I love the fruit idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rachel! Wow! I feel extremely old now that my little "soggy McDonald's french fries" girl is expecting a baby. You may be the most adorable pregnant lady I have ever seen. Soak up this time. Enjoy the experience of being pregnant and the last few months of alone time with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I am so happy for you guys! =) You look so cute and happy! I love all the pics and I think the fruit idea is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting your progress. Since we are so far away (miles), it is great to see the changes and see how he (or she) is growing.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel