Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Bump-ness: Week 18



How Far Along:  18 weeks!

Size of baby:  According to BabyCenter.com, our little one is the size of a Bell Pepper, about 5 1/2 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: This comic perfectly sums up the weird stage my body is in right now...



Maternity Clothes: Still wearing my regular shirts and a few regular pants right now. I'm having to rock the unbuttoned pants look, which is getting kind of old, so I'm sure the maternity ones are right around the corner!

Gender: 
My guess is a boy…all the dreams I’ve been having about the baby have been of a baby boy. I did dream last week we had a girl and named her Bernadette (???). She was a toddler and had curly dark hair and was running around in the kitchen. Weird.

Movement: 
Still feeling a few nudges and pokes every now and then, but only when I’m completely still.

Sleep: Sleep is SO good!!


What I miss: 
I’ve really been missing cold turkey deli meat. I could go for a giant 12” DiBella’s turkey sub sandwich, piled high with every vegetable you can think of. Yum.

What I’m looking forward to: Our 20-week appointment. Not only finding out the gender, but also seeing the baby move and wiggle and hearing how he/she is developing. 

Cravings: Red grapes, chicken salad, Chex Mix, and still loving all things spicy! 

Aversions: Eggs still make me gag…the new Macaroni Grill commercials with the egg yolk spilling out really send me over the edge. Yuck!

Symptoms: 
I’m feeling really good! I have lots of energy, I’ve been sleeping so well, and consistent exercise has been helping my ever-increasing tummy feel much less tight and bloated.

Belly Button In or Out: Still getting flatter.

Best Moment This Week: Getting a belly rub from Nathan. :) It feels so good when he rubs my tight, itchy belly! 

Weekly Wisdom: Last week at our youth retreat, the speaker gave his powerful testimony about how God led him and his wife to adopt 3 (three!!) special needs children from overseas. It broke my heart to hear his story. But I also realized I have been praying/worrying/thinking "what if our baby has a disability?", and here was this family who chose to adopt 3 children with disabilities. It made me realize that I should stop worrying about the flaws/imperfections that our child may/may not have. We prayed for this baby before it was even conceived, and God was faithful enough to answer our prayers. Because of that, we can rest assured knowing that this child being formed inside me is the child God chose for us to love with all our hearts, no matter what he/she may look like.

Milestones: Finally went through my closet and boxed up my pants that are too small. See you in the fall/winter, guys! You'll be missed.



3 comments:

  1. Soooo CUTE! I just love when you do these posts. They make me smile. :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look radiant holding that bell pepper! What wisdom about God's choice for the baby.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel