Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Raspberry Pinky Prints

Last year, a sweet friend of mine brought over these yummy cookies and kindly included the recipe to go with it. They were so delicious, so this year I knew they would be making our Holiday Baking list. I whipped them up last weekend in less than 30 minutes and gave a bunch to our sweet neighbors, along with several other baked goods. I also may have eaten quite a few myself...they're just so small, buttery and irresistible! :)


Try these next time you're looking for a small cookie that's not too sweet, and you won't be disappointed!


Raspberry Pinky Prints - my friend Lara

yield: 3 dozen cookies

  • 1 c. butter, softened 
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • granulated sugar for coating
  • Raspberry jam for filling (I tested with Polaner All Fruit w/ Fiber Raspberry Seedless Spreadable Fruit)

In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract, using an electric mixer.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt.

Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until incorporated. 

Roll dough into small balls (about 1-inch in size), and toss them in the granulated sugar to coat

Place on an ungreased baking pan and, using your pinky finger, make a small "well" in the center of the dough ball.

Spoon your Raspberry Jam into a Ziploc bag, and snip the corner off of it. (I found this method to be the easiest way to fill the pinky wells)

Fill each "well" with Raspberry Jam and place in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes

Try not to eat half of the batch before you share them with your friends and family! ;)





5 comments:

  1. These sound so good and they look adorable! I'm all about some cookies at Christmas-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been asking for these -- wow! Maybe I'll have to do just that and make him a batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! WAY TO MAKE A GIRL STARVING! I have to go get these ingredients today! They look 2 die for! I'm totally going to eat the ENTIRE batch alone tho!
    eeek!



    anyway..I'm following you!!

    Be sure to check us out at www.shervinsworld.com

    xo

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another delicious recipe I've found from your blog! H would looove these. I'll be making them this week!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel