Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Favorite Finds + Our Newest Appliance

I'm linking up my finds a little later than usual today because I took the day off to spend it with Nathan....he was sweet enough to offer to take us out for lunch at Olive Garden (I ask you, is there anything better than their unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks?!? I think not.) And then after lunch we saw a matinee of Sherlock Holmes. We've had the best day! 

But I surely didn't want to let the day get away without showing you some delicious eats I've pinned this week that I just can't wait to try!

Y'all know my obsession for Mexican food, so this one won't surprise you! I can't wait to make these Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas that were featured over on Real Mom Kitchen. Yum!


And I also wanted to share this recipe with you - it's an easy way to "dress" up a frozen bag of green beans. We tried this last week with one of our meals, and it was delicious! It almost tastes like green bean casserole without the creaminess.
Source: food.com via Rachel on Pinterest


Confession: I could eat Breakfast Potatoes every. single. morning. When I saw this recipe over on Our Best Bites for their DIY version, I knew I had to try it!


And while we're on the subject of breakfast, these Kris Kringle pancakes from Finding Joy in My Kitchen look soooo yummy! The best part? It's a DIY mix that you can leave in your pantry - easy, peasy!



Oh, and one more thing I want to share today that I'm super pumped about...
We finally made the plunge and bought ourselves a freezer! We've been tossing the idea around in our heads for a while, and knew an upright freezer was the choice we wanted to make, but they were just so stinkin' expensive. Nathan found one last week on Craigslist from a guy who was moving, and was ready to wheel and deal! 

Just look at all that beautiful storage space...

I can't wait to start filling it up! :)

This post is linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen for Friday Favorite Finds

All photos above were embedded using Pinterest. Click the "Source" link below the photo for the actual recipe.

2 comments:

  1. You will LOVE the freezer!! Now that we have one, I have no idea how we did without one.

    These finds are so good - I'm going to be repinning many of them. Hope you enjoy the pancake mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the freezer! I can't wait til we can get one too. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel