Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The easiest (and yummiest) way to "dress up" a Sugar Cookie

I saw this cookie a few years back on the Pillsbury website and decided to give it a whirl this year for one of Nathan's work events. He needed 2 dozen cookies, and because of all the other holiday baking I had planned I needed something quick and easy! The verdict? They were a hit! I even went out and bought another pack of the cookies to do an extra batch for our neighbors.


If you're in need of a quick way to dress up those plain ole' sugar cookies this holiday season, then you're in luck. This one is packed full of sugary sweet flavor that just screams Christmas!


Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies - adapted slightly from Pillsbury

yield: 2 dozen cookies
  • 1 (24 count) pack of Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies (do yourself an even bigger favor and get the kind that are already pre-cut...it makes this recipe even easier!)
  • 1 bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips (I only needed 1/2 of the bag, so I would start with that first before melting all the chips)
  • 4-6 candy canes, finely chopped (I used my food processor and put it on "Chop")

Bake sugar cookies according to package directions; set aside to cool completely

Meanwhile, chop up your candy canes and melt your chocolate
(Tip: I melt my chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, and add in about a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Heat in increments of 30 seconds, and the oil keeps the chocolate nice and smooth!)

When your cookies have cooled, simply dip half of the cookie in the melted chocolate, and then into the peppermint. Allow the chocolate to harden before storing.

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. This just gave me the idea to dip my cake pops in crushed candy cane! I'll let you know how the turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cute! And I love that they are easy to make - that is a good quality in a recipe for sure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a great idea - made them today - turned out good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I made some that are chocolate and vanilla sugar cookies and I am going to try this with some of them!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel