Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Recap + Menu Plan Monday (week of 12/26)

Hey friends!


I hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend, and hopefully you're enjoying yet another day off today to recoup from all the fun! (I'm posting a little late today, because we're doing just that!)


Christmas this year was especially meaningful. We decided beforehand to do a much simpler Christmas, and I have to say...it really helped me not get so wrapped up in the hustle and bustle. I was able to truly enjoy it, and I left Christmas at my parents yesterday feeling so relaxed.


A typical Christmas at the Martin household is spent in your pajamas with no makeup. You don't even have to brush you hair if you don't want! We just enjoy the day being lazy, watching Hallmark movies, opening gifts, playing games, and laughing. 


Of course, we did miss our TN and AL families dearly this year but we have plans of visiting them next week!


Here are a few pictures from our day yesterday...

Nathan got some more nice tools to add to his ever-growing collection

My dad got lots of Alabama football gear to help him cheer on his team against LSU in a few weeks!

My mom got lots of cozy things - mittens, ear muffs, scarves, and slippers!

Here she is sporting one of my dad's presents - an Alabama snuggie :)

And I was super excited to get my first sewing machine! After all those sewing lessons from mama this year, I think I'm ready to tackle some projects on my own. :)






Monday - Leftovers from Christmas dinner


Tuesday- Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

Wednesday- {Meat Free} Copy Cat TB Mexican Pizza

Thursday- Leftovers


Friday- Roasted Red Pepper Penne w/ Copy Cat Olive Garden Salads

Saturday- Chili w/ Grilled Cheese Sandwiches 


This post is linked to I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday


Stay tuned later this week for lots o' fun here on the ole' blog - we'll be recapping our 2011 family goals, showing you some 2011 highlights, and sharing what's coming around the corner in 2012!



6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely Christmas. I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of that sewing machine! Can't wait to see your first completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful Christmas, friend! You will love your sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To funny....I got a new sewing machine this year! I plan to make t-shirt quilts for the kids...I have been saving forever! Gage is 15 and Madie is 13 so I have lots of t-shirts. I bought one when I got married so it 16 years old...thought it was time for an update. Happy Sewing to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new sewing machine! That will be so great for you! =) I laughed out loud at the Alabama snuggie - I didn't know they had those! I guess they have every other kind of snuggie though, so why wouldn't they have an Alabama one? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing is on my goal list in 2012. Since I've been busy having babies the past 2 years I haven't been able to learn like I've wanted. But next year I will and I'll probably ask for a sewing machine too!
    I hope you enjoy it!
    I like the idea of a simple Christmas. I wish more of our family would get on board with that b/c I want it. I'm so worn out after Christmas and I do not feeling like that.
    Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First things first... ROLL TIDE :)

    hehe, Looks like you had a great Christmas! Love the sewing machine :) Miss all of you!

    See you in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel