Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap + Nov. 28 Menu Plan

I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families, friends and loved ones. We surely did! I don't have a single photo from Thanksgiving, (which is totally unlike me - usually I'm the paparazzi at holidays and other special events) but we had a food and laughter filled one nonetheless. 


We spent Thanksgiving this year with my parents and our friends from Buffalo. It was the first year since Nathan and I got married that we haven't hosted at our place, but I didn't mind - especially since we're still renovating. Nine of us gathered around my mom's table, wrote down what we were thankful for, stuffed our bellies until we were full, played card games and then went shopping at midnight. 


The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and putting our Christmas decorations up. I did take pictures of that! :)




Since our lighted reindeer kicked the bucket on us last year, I decided to whip up two little trees for our front porch (courtesy of some inspiration I got on Pinterest). This is the photo I pinned...it's a tomato cage, turned upside down with lights on it (easy, and cheap!)

And here's my version, front porch style.

I tied the pointy tops together using a cable tie, and I braced the cages down by laying a brick inside. I love how easy they were to throw together, and how festive they make our porch look!

We also did some decorating indoors this weekend too. I got our entryway all Christmas-fied, which also serves as our "makeshift mantle" since we don't really have a place to hang stockings.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

***


This week, we're expecting rain and cooler temps, so I'm planning some cozy meals for us to eat on. Don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie and StoneGable's On the Menu Monday for lots more recipe ideas!

Monday - On Your Own (we have some Thanksgiving leftovers and some weekend foods that need to be eaten)

Tuesday - {Meat Free} Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Rolls {new}

Wednesday - Nathan's infamous Pork Chops, veggies

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Unstuffed Shells {new} with Soft Garlic Knots {new}


**For breakfasts this week, I'm making up a batch of Freezer Breakfast Burritos and Pumpkin Muffins (a new recipe from my dear friend Sonya).


7 comments:

  1. How pretty! I absolutely love the tomato cage trees - how clever. I may have to try that - except it may be too late to buy tomato cages. (I will keep my eyes open for next year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a delicious looking week here! And, I love how you decorated your house. We haven't figured out how to decorate our outside of the house yet -- we have a two story with no good bushes, etc., to really hang lights from. So... we've got to think. But, now your trees have given me some inspiration. They are beautiful, friend.

    so glad to hear you enjoyed Thanksgiving. Did you find all you needed on Friday shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I LOVE the tomato cage idea - I may borrow that!!!!
    Tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches is still one of my favorite comfort meals. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    Your decorations look so pretty. Your menu and those Pork Chops look really good. Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your DIY trees! Those are so cute! And your menu sounds really good for this week. I could go for some tomato soup today - it's cold and rainy here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for the trees!

    Hope you enjoy those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you will join merry mondays! check it out- i am positive you have some killer recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel