Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Every time I’ve made chocolate chip cookies, I opt for this recipe. It’s outrageously good, tastes a little bit gourmet-ish and is a crowd pleaser every time. But it also requires more ingredients than your traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, so I wanted to change things up a bit last week when we had a hankerin' for plain ole' chocolate chip cookies.


Enter the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s a Hershey’s one, and I'll admit that I got it straight off the back of the chocolate chip bag. It was easy. It required few ingredients. It whipped up in no time. And I was eating one four with a cold glass of milk within 30 minutes.



Chocolate Chip Cookies - Hershey's


  • 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. light brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c. Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. 
  3. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well.
  4. Gradually add flour mixture to your moist ingredients, beating well.
  5. Stir in chocolate.
  6. Drop by round teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.












2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I just stocked up on chocolate chips a few weeks ago when Publix was having an awesome sale and I've been wanting to make cookies ever since. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those do look tasty enough, my friend. I can see why you had four, I mean, one :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel