Monday, November 21, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Progress

I can't believe it's been 2 months since I've done a kitchen remodel progress update! Where has the time gone?!? 


We took a little hiatus from the kitchen so that my dad could get some of his own projects done on his house, and so that Nathan and I could get some outdoor stuff done on ours before winter hits. This past weekend, we started on the kitchen once again, and I'm happy to report that we knocked some major things off of our To-Do list.


The guys worked all day Saturday to grout the remaining tile...

And my mom and me finished the kitchen and dining room curtains! 

I decided to make a cafe curtain for the kitchen window, using a graphic, colorful fabric and for the Dining Room I wanted to go with floor-length striped curtains that would "dress" the space up a bit...
(The graphic print that I used for the cafe curtain is P Kaufmann Florentine Amber, and the striped fabric I used for the DR curtains are P Kaufmann Jacquard Pascal Stripe in Oasis Green - I bought both from Fabric.com)

I was worried at first about ordering online without seeing them in person, but when they arrived they matched perfectly! I was hoping they would pick up the colors in our artwork from the dining room, and I was so pleased they did!


We haven't hung them up just yet, because we still need to install trim work around the windows/door, but here's a sad attempt at me trying to see how the cafe curtain will look once it's hung...

I can't tell you how good it feels to be almost done with the kitchen! Here's all that's left on our To-Do list after a busy weekend working:
  • Hang crown molding around upper cabinets
  • Install kick plates on lower cabinets
  • Install sink base cabinet doors
  • Re-install trim in dining room and kitchen
  • Install trim around Kitchen window
  • Install cabinet above the fridge 
  • Finish Tile in Dining Room and front entry-way; grout tile
  • Make cafe curtain for kitchen and drapes for French doors 
  • Buy a kitchen rug (I've been eyeing some online, but haven't narrowed it down)
  • Buy a new trash can
  • DIY some Kitchen art (we've started on this, but haven't quite finished)


3 comments:

  1. Yay for progress! Your curtains are so cute. =) I think it's good you guys took a break. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with a project - at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great progress! love that striped fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great! Love the plate wall hanging...I swear I almost picked out the same thing! Did you find that at World Market?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel