Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratituesday: Birthday Celebrations

Today I'm wishing a very special lady a very Happy Birthday!!

I am so thankful for the special bond that my mom and me share. We are truly best friends and are there for each other during times of happiness, discouragement, frustration, or silliness. :) 

She has the unique ability to make me laugh until I cry. Most people perceive her as soft spoken and quiet, but let me assure you...she might just be the funniest person I know. She's a closet comedian and lets it shine at the most perfect moments. 

Aside from her humor, she's also extremely caring and thoughtful. She's observant of others and when they need a helping hand, she's always there. That's one of the characteristics that makes her a wonderful friend...there is only 100% with her. If she's there for you, she's really there for you. Her dedication and sincerity is something I've always admired.

She has also been the best mom to me and my brother. And the best wife to my dad. As with every family, there are times when you get on each other's nerves, but mom has always been the restorer...the one bringing us all back together after a sibling spat. And now that we're older, she's the one who encourages us to stay connected...she's constantly asking me if I've called my brother recently, or encouraging me to call my grandparents. 

She's also a strong, wise, Godly woman who is always there to give wisdom, a listening ear, or an encouraging word. I know whenever I need Truth spoken into me, that I can always count on mom.

Thank you, mom...for being a role model, a source of laughter, a best friend. I wish you the best birthday!

This post is linked to Gratituesday over at Heavenly Homemakers.



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom! She sounds like a wonderful woman and a great role model. =) Have fun showing your mom some love today for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your MOM! Bless you for all the wonderful words about your mom.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mom! She raised quite a wonderful young daughter!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel