Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Recap + Oct. 10 Menu Plan

This weekend, hubby and I did everything possible to enjoy every last minute of summer. Did I just type summer? Why, yes I did. :) Upstate NY was blessed with weather in the 80's this weekend and it felt like summertime all over again. We got out and enjoyed a nice hike, went apple picking, enjoyed some photo-taking at sunset and even fired up the grill!





I'm so thankful for relaxing weekends outdoors with my sweet family!


This week, we're in for a special treat. Nathan's parents just so happen to be coming through on a visit, and we get to see them for a day! We're so excited to get this extra time with them, and can't wait to enjoy some yummy eats!

Monday - Easy dinner - sandwiches, leftovers from the weekend, etc.


Wednesday- Nathan's parents' visit!

Thursday- Fried Bologna Sandwiches (Nathan's been requesting these since we saw them on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives!)

Friday - {Meat Free} Egg Salad


If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie. Lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!


I'm also linking this post up with StoneGable's On the Menu Monday, so be sure and check our her linky too!



7 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! =) Apple picking looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally bookmarked that Honey Mustard Chicken too, I think I finally need to try it. Great menu this week, have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your man has some amazing photography skills. The first picture of the city at night is gorgeous!

    I want to go apple picking but I don't think there's anything like that around here. Maybe I'll do more fun stuff like that when my girls get bigger and we can go experience that kind of thing together. Glad y'all had a good weekend. Looks like you got some good deals at Goodwill on Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    Your menu and your Stuffed Chicken looks so good. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a fabulous week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you all cute in the apple orchard! Yummy, I could eat a fried bologna sandwich!
    Rachel, thanks for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY! You make it so much brighter!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun weekend! I want to go apple picking so badly! I've never been, but I'm determined to make it happen this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel I'm happy to see you are still doing the weekly menu which I love! It's nice to peek into someone else's food world. Someday maybe I'll do this too.

    Hugs!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel