Monday, October 17, 2011

Oct. 17 Menu Plan


As I type this to you, I've got homemade Applesauce wafting through the air, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes cooling and waiting to be bagged up for the freezer, and Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Chip Bread in the oven. Oh, and one big giant mess in the kitchen that I need to clean up pronto before the Mr. gets home. A fresh slice of pumpkin bread to anyone who can help me climb out of all these dirty dishes/pots/measuring cups. ;)

I'm so excited to have spent a few hours in the kitchen baking up a storm...even if I do have to eventually clean my mess up all by myself. Baking and freezing means that we've got hearty breakfasts in less than 2 minutes for the next several weeks!

Along with those yummy fall breakfast foods, here's what else we're excited to chow down on this week....

Monday- Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot with veggies (make homemade broth...I need to post this recipe on the blog soon, so I'm making this note as a reminder!)


Wednesday - Out to eat with friends

Thursday- Roasted Red Pepper Penne, Garden Salads

Friday- Leftovers

Saturday- Yours Truly is celebrating 26 years of life with her family...they have generously offered to fix me my favorite meal - My dad's grilled steaks, salad and potatoes! I can't wait! :)
 
This post is linked to I'm an Organizing Junkie - Menu Plan Monday and StoneGable's On the Menu Monday.
Have a blessed Monday!



3 comments:

  1. You made your own broth? That is so cool! I would love to learn how to do that. =) Your menu sounds good! And I hope your birthday week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yum.

    how did you enjoy the applesauce?

    :)

    Happy early birthday, friend. Do you have a favorite birthday dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to do that chicken in crock pot thing, it seems so easy. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel