Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gratituesday: It's all in the details...

As the leaves fall, the birds fly south, the squirrels nest up for winter.


As I look at the tiny toes and fingers of a new little baby.

As I see a storm approaching and the way it makes the clouds roll and thunder.

As I witness loved ones of those who are sick raise their hands high in praise; believing God will deliver.

As I sit in awe and watch little children selflessly dump their change into buckets for the Orchard Project, watching them display generosity and meet the needs of others.

As I look at a waterfall.

As I read His Word and realize at that particular moment, it was meant for me…meant to go deep and penetrate my soul.

As I’m at work reading statistics on poverty in America, and realize just how blessed we are…to have 2 cars, 2 jobs, a warm house.

As I go about my day, eyes purposefully open, waiting for God to send someone along that I can show His love to.

…I’m reminded that our God is a detail-oriented God, and this means that He cares about the tiniest details of our lives, as well as the big. I’m reminded that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I’m reminded that God sat down with His heavenly calendar long before I made an entrance on this earth, and He wrote in every. little. detail. of my life. Who am I to try and control things? Who am I to think my plan is better than His? I’m reminded that He has already equipped us for what we need, and that I need not do anything but walk in Obedience…and trust in His timetable.

This post is linked to Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers


5 comments:

  1. What a thought-provoking entry! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the song "His Eye is On the Sparrow." What a great God He is! Thanks for sharing at Gratituesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Rachel. Such great reminders for everyday. You are so right - God knows about every detail in our lives. There is nothing too big or small for him. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, friend. Just what I needed after a busy day - to remember God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post...I have some people in my life dealing with a lot of junk...sometimes its hard for them to see beyond the rough stuff. But we do need to just TRUST IN HIM..
    Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel