I know oatmeal, cereal and rice cakes are considered "quick," but there are mornings when we need breakfast on the go in our car because we're trying to make a 7:30 AM meeting or we hit snooze one too many times and overslept...or we don't want to get out of our cozy warm bed because someone keeps it so stinkin' cold in the house and refuses to let the other person touch the thermostat. I'll let you guess who that might be. ;)
These grab n' go breakfast burritos make for a hearty, warm, delicious meal and they're freezer friendly. Stock these up in your freezer, and on busy mornings you've got breakfast in less than 2 minutes!
Grab n' Go Breakfast Burritos - The Atwoods
Makes 10 breakfast burritos
- 8 eggs, scrambled - this is our favorite recipe for scrambled eggs!
- 3 links of mild Italian sausage, casings removed and cooked (feel free to use any other type of breakfast meat that your family prefers, or you could definitely do this meat-free and add in peppers or mushrooms!)
- Shredded Cheddar, to top as desired
- Salsa, or Taco Sauce, as desired
- 10, 8-inch flour tortillas
Start by browning your sausage...
Meanwhile, whip up your eggs
Once your sausage is done, remove it from the pan and scramble your eggs right in the same pan - it makes for a yummy flavor for your eggs!
Once your sausage and eggs are done, assemble your burritos into aluminum foil. Start with your eggs first, then top with sausage, and sprinkle a little shredded cheddar on top (if you use the scrambled egg recipe from above, then you won't need a lot of extra cheese.)
Drizzle your favorite salsa or taco sauce on top
Wrap in foil, and place in a gallon Ziploc bag and then into your freezer.
To thaw, simply remove the burritos from the foil, dampen the outside of the burrito with a little cold water and heat in your microwave for about 1:30, or until the middle is heated through.