Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Pin-spiration

Hopefully you've all heard about pinterest by now. If not, let me know and I'll be happy to send you an invite to the party! :) I love all the fall decorating inspiration I've gotten from there this year, so I've made it a personal goal to start taking some of my "pin projects" and bringing them to life in my own home.


Like this great idea I pinned from Sarah over at Thrifty Decor Chick...


It's just simple mason jars filled with candy corn and LED lights - genius! 

And they made for a perfect, simple fall centerpiece for our little dining room table . . . 


I've also had these beautiful and easy-to-make yarn wreaths pinned for a while from Take Heart



Mine doesn't look nearly as polished and pretty as Danielle's, but I did give this craft a try last week, and I love the way it turned out! 
...just ignore those little hot glue gun webs on the flowers. They came off later, but I wasn't going to risk touching it (again) when it was hot. I may or may not have given myself 2nd degree burns while making this yarn wreath.

If you wanna' tackle this easy peasy craft, then Danielle's step-by-step is definitely the best route to go! She explains it all here. However, I will give you this little tip...

After you roll your flowers, stick a straight pin through the back like so:

This keeps it in place without it unrolling while you finish your other flowers and figure out where you want them on your wreath.

And last, but not least, the following "projects" weren't pin-spired, they're just our new outdoor fall decorations that I'm totally giddy over. I may or may not even talk to the gourds on my way inside each night. ;)



I'd love to know if you've tackled any projects on your pinterest boards lately. If not, do you have any you can't wait to accomplish? Do tell!

Happy Fall, y'all!!
  



2 comments:

  1. I love your fall decorations. The mason jar idea is so cute. I love to decorate with candy corn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath with the fabric flowers - so cute! What an easy idea to decorate with candy corn - and so cheap too.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel