Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Update + Sept. 12 Menu Plan

Ever have one of those weekends that just blows your socks right off?!? Oh girlfriends, mine did! Friday night I got the pleasure of going out to eat with 3 wonderful ladies and we had the best time laughing, chatting and just being girls together. I was so blessed. 


Then, Saturday morning I got the opportunity to attend a Beth Moore Simulcast in a town about 20 minutes from me. Beth shared with us that over 180,000 women (and a few brave men) were watching the simulcast that day. 12 Countries, 31 groups in Canada, 1 women's correctional facility, 2 military bases, and a slew of sites in the U.S. 180,000 of us all coming to hear a Word from God. And boy did He ever give it to us! I could blab your ears right off with all the amazing truths I heard in that 8 hour span, but I won't do that to you now. I walked away that day feeling so filled. I am so thankful that I went. 


Sunday morning, I heard another great Word from our dear pastor, and you know what? Some of our pastor's points were along the same line as Beth's from the day before. It was as if God was just reminding me not to lose the excitement. I love it when He does that. 


And then, the biggest of all blessings was Sunday night. I've decided to team up with one of my dear friends and become a volunteer youth leader for our 7th grade girls at church. It's been a solid year since I've served in any kind of ministry capacity, so I was a little nervous to hop back in the saddle. Thankfully, my friend and I are serving together and it is already such a pleasure to serve those little ladies. They are the cutest things, and I can't wait to get to know each and every one of them. 


To sum it all up, it was a weekend of big blessings. I am so thankful for it. 



This week, we're trying some dishes that I just can't wait to make! I'm also super excited to be breaking in my Crock Pot again.

Monday- Rosemary Citrus Garlic Crock Pot Chicken w/ Veggies. I'm also making a batch of Hummingbird Cupcakes for a dear sister in my Bible Study group. 

Tuesday - {Meat Free} Three Cheese Stuffed Shells {new} with garden salads

Wednesday- Chicken Noodle Soup made with the leftover chicken from Monday

Thursday - Leftovers; I'm also making Nathan a batch of Egg Salad for while I'm away (he can't get enough of the stuff!)

Friday - Sunday- I'll be out of town on the Jr. High Youth Retreat (I covet your prayers for us to have a wonderful and safe weekend), so Nathan is on his own! :)

If you need more menu plan ideas, be sure to check out I'm An Organizing Junkie. Lots of great menus are posted each week!

Blessings,






6 comments:

  1. what a blessed weekend! I love it when God communicates through many venues about the same thing -- His gentle reminders become more apparent that way :)

    Have a blessed and wonderful week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new venture as youth group leader! My husband and I used to be the youth leaders at our old church. It can be challenging, but SO rewarding. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend, so glad that you had such a great time. Your menu plan sounds amazing and those hummingbird cupcakes, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had such a good weekend!

    I volunteer in the youth group at my church and I love it! The girls in my small group are so sweet and I love them! =)

    I also love your new blog design -- so cute. And the picture of you and Nathan is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    Love your menu plan...the Rosemary Citrus Garlic Crock Pot Chicken sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Heater - I give the Rosemary Chicken 2 thumbs up!!! I would definitely give it a try if I were you...it was so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel