Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Goodwill Finds + Sept. 26 Menu Plan

Today was such a busy day for us that I'm just now getting around to posting my Goodwill finds, but I wanted to share them with you anyway. It was "Yellow" week at the Goodwill, and I managed to find some great deals that were 50% off! 


Believe it or not, even though I've been in Upstate NY for 5 years, I still haven't acquired a good solid fall/winter wardrobe. Thankfully the Goodwill helps me along each season without breaking our bank! 


This week I found . . . 


A navy sweater, originally from Old Navy, for $3.99

A brown, long-sleeved shirt, originally from Banana Republic, for $4.99 (I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but it has this cute button detail at the top)

A short-sleeved brown sweater, originally from GAP, for $2.99 (I think this will look really cute in the fall with a great button-up underneath!)

And, lastly, this Dr. Pepper shirt. Normally, I'm not a tee-shirt kinda girl, but Nathan loves Dr. Pepper, so I bought this as a tribute to him. :) It was only $2.99.



This past weekend, hubby and I got away for a few days and visited the Adirondacks for some foliage picture taking and relaxation time. We had a blast, and I can't wait to show you the photos from our trip! 

We're happy to be back home and back in the kitchen...although, our schedules are crazy insane this week, so our Menu Plan might look a little skimpy. 

Monday - Leftover Manicotti, Salad, and Breadsticks

Tuesday - Chicken Philly Sliders (we have some Hawaiian Rolls that we need to use up, so I'm mixing this recipe up a bit)

Wednesday - Dinner out w/ friends


Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Steak Burritos

If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie. Lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!

Have a blessed day,


6 comments:

  1. Great finds at Goodwill! I wish there was one closer to me. The closest Goodwill is 45 minutes away. I hope you and Nathan had a fun time on your weekend getaway. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the fall photos! We have colors just starting to emerge here! I'm looking forward to some time to go enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad y'all got away, it's always nice to do that! I can't wait to see your pictures. Fall colors are the BEST! And your menu looks great too and easy. I'm all about easy these days. I've got something cooking in my crock pot as I type this, I love that thing. :)
    You got some cute tops at Goodwill this week. I've been going a little more frequently the past couple of weeks and have seen a couple of things that I should've picked up but didn't, I'll soon learn I guess. Have a great week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bought some really great things at Goodwill! Your menu for the week sounds good, too. This may be silly, but what exactly is "deconstructed lasagna?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katie - not a silly question at all! Deconstructed Lasagna is basically a lasagna in a skillet form, instead of being prepared with layers. If you click on the link, it'll take you right to the recipe featured on Clean Eating! Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, YOu got some adorable tops! Great shopping eye!
    As always Nathan will be well fed this week. Please stop by and add your menu to ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    So nice to visit!!!!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel