Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gratituesday: What I've Been Learning Lately...


There are so many things to be thankful for today. So many big, beautiful blessings. So many little ones, too. But the ones I want to count today are the things that Jesus is teaching me lately. The ways He's nudging me. His still, small voice speaking through the loudness of life. His proof that I'm not done growing . . . learning . . . maturing . . .loving . . . serving. I thank the Lord for that. 

Here are some snippets of the things He's been throwing in my way lately via blogland, daily devos, Bible study, simulcasts, etc. - all ways in which He speaks, if we'll only stop long enough to listen. I pray they'll nourish you today like they have been nourishing me the past few weeks. 

  • "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." ~ 1 John 2:15  
  • "You will be unable to bring real value to the world if you are going to the world for your value." ~ Our Pastor
  • "God is good all the time, and when He's not, He's great." ~ Beth Moore Simulcast
  • "If you want the blessing, you must be prepared to carry the burden and fight the battle." ~ Bible study, Be Mature
  • This post by Ann Voskamp; specifically these quotes:"Why in the world make blessings into burdens? Why choose fear instead of joy? When I surrender to stress; don't I advertise the unreliability of God?"
  • And last but not least, y'all know I love me some Jesus music with a beat. This song gets my feet thumpin' and my head noddin', and I love the words. 

This post is linked to Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.


3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for how He speaks to us through all the ways you mentioned. Your theme this week seems to be summed up in valuing what matters to God and choosing to trust in his sovereignty.
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote from your pastor - absolute truth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks @Ruth and @Samantha! Your encouraging words made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel