Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gratituesday: Giving Gifts

For a long time now, I've been wanting so badly to get my man a new camera. All of his amazing photos (seen here) were all taken with his regular ole' point and shoot Nikon, and it was starting to show its age. 


I started shopping around about 6 months ago for the perfect DSLR for Nathan, but knew we'd have to save some of our bucks in order to get one. Then, last week Nathan texted me and said that Target had the Nikon D3000 on clearance because they are making way for the newer models. It had everything he wanted in a DSLR, and he played around with it for a while and knew it was "the one."


We talked about it, weighed our options, called all the Target's in our area to see how many were left, and finally decided to make the plunge . . .



I am so thankful that I was finally able to buy my man the camera he's been wanting . . .isn't there something so wonderful about giving a gift you know someone will love? 

I'm also thankful that it was on clearance and we snagged one of the last remaining ones.

Although we've agreed that the camera was a present to both of us, I know my man will get way more use out of it than I will. And I'm perfectly fine with that. 

I love seeing him use his God-given talent to capture the beauty in God's creation . . . 


Even if he is super modest and says it's just a hobby for him.



This post is linked to Gratituesday over at Heavenly Homemakers


6 comments:

  1. This post warmed my heart. That is so sweet that you wanted to get that for him so badly and you were able to do that. So happy that it was on clearance so you could get it. And your hubby's pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea!!! what a blessing - and a good deal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! A great deal and a great gift! A DSLR is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thoughtful - glad you were able to find it on clearance - even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, What was the clearance price on the Nikon D3000 at Target?

    -Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous, I think our Target had them marked down to $400, but they did mention they would be lowering them another 30% in a few weeks...we just didn't want to wait because there were only 2 left! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel