Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Goodwill Finds


Hey Peeps! I had quite the adventure shopping with my mom today. The sky decided to fall out on us while we were shopping, and we got stuck in 2 different stores that suffered power outages...one of those stores was our beloved Starbucks, so thank goodness they had a generator! I don't think we would've made it without our lattes. ;) I also lost a flip flop in the flood...picture me circling around in the Goodwill parking lot while it is pouring rain in search for my gold flip flop screaming "Where did it go?!?" while my silly mama is almost busting her gut laughing at me while running to the car with her Goodwill bag on her head. We were a sight for sore eyes. 


Goodwill shopping is not for the faint of heart. No ma'am.


Some of you may be wondering why me and mom always go shopping at Goodwill on Sundays (especially in weather like we had today). It's simply because our local Goodwill puts the new color tags at 50%-off on Sunday so the pickin' is the ripest that day. 


Here's what I came away with this week! (Along with a few good laughs and drenched hair.)

This cutie patootie basket has little ceramic tiles on the front painted with wine bottles, bread and grapes...perfect for my Country/Italian-ish themed kitchen! It didn't have a price, so I managed to haggle the cashier down to $1.99. There is no shame in my game people.

This cute little guy was only $.50...it's a candle holder with a fish on the front. Perfect for our beach bathroom!

I got this super comfy long-sleeved pink tee for $2.99; originally from H&M (by the way, H&M is my most favorite store...does anyone else crush on everything they have in there? Just me? I'm OK with that). 

I also got this plaid button-up for $3.99; originally from Hollister. 

And I also swiped up these Old Navy black shorts (they still had the original tag on them!) They were $6, so it was a splurge but you can't beat new shorts for that price. 







4 comments:

  1. I love Goodwill shopping trips!!! I found your blog yesterday and have enjoyed some of your previous posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh at your antics! Sounds so fun! What great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous finds! and... loving the new counter tops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that would have been really funny to see! I love the clothes you got there and at such great prices! =)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel