Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Goodwill Finds

I've mentioned on the blog before that each Sunday afternoon my mom and I have a tradition of shopping at the local Goodwill and then grabbing a cup of joe at the local Starbucks afterwards (you know, because shopping drains you of energy and then you need to replenish!). 


Each week, we usually walk out with some great deals on our adventure, so I thought it might be fun to start showcasing my finds here. I hope you enjoy this new "segment" and enjoy seeing how much fun thrifting can be!


This week, I found . . . 


A set of 4 "Sakura Farmstand Vegetable" salad plates. 

Aren't they just the cutest things?! I don't know how I'm going to use them yet, but I'm thinking up something fun for the kitchen re-decorating. They were .99/each, making them $4 for the set. I looked them up on replacements.com and they are $7.99/each there!

Here's a closer look...

I also found this cute sweater, originally from Old Navy.

The lighting is bad in this picture, but the color is brown and I'm thinking it will be great as a fall cardigan. I paid full price for it, which is something I usually never do at the Goodwill (I aim to score the 1/2-off items if I can help it), but it was too cute to pass up and it was only $4.99.

Here's a close-up of the floral detail....

And last, but not least, the find of the day - some khaki's for Nathan's work wardrobe. 

For his job, he has to wear khaki's each day and he's fond of the Old Navy loose fit brand. I'm never able to find any in his size at the Goodwill, and today I did! They were $8.99, so I splurged. But, I figure it's better than paying $25 at the store! ;)

I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing Sunday with your friends and/or family. And, I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my Goodwill finds!





5 comments:

  1. Love the plates! And I remember seeing that sweater just last Fall. So cute--I can't believe you found it for $4.99.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bargains you found!!!! Love the Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice finds! I love that you and your mom make weekly trips there -- what a great way to keep up on the finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok those are seriously great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those plates are cute and I'm sure you'll find a place for them in your newly redecorated kitchen!
    I love that sweater too. You can't beat $5 for a new-to-you sweater!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel