Monday, August 1, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Progress + Aug 1 Menu Plan

We received the most exciting news late last week -- my brother, his wife, and three little kiddos are coming all the way from AL to NY this week for a short visit!! We haven't seen them since last year, so this visit is long overdue! They'll be staying with my parents (you know, since our house is currently a construction zone), and we're already planning festivities for them while they're here. Did I mention I'm excited?!? :)


Since we'll have company this week, Nathan and my dad worked overtime this weekend to get some things done in the kitchen. They installed 3 upper cabinets, the pantry, and some of the dining room tile. I also finished painting the kitchen and the dining room!


Here's how things are looking as of late:


This isn't the greatest photo, but it gives you an idea of the color we chose for the kitchen+dining room. We went with allen+roth's "Upper Eastside" paint+primer in one, and had it matched to the Lowe's Valspar brand. I am SO pleased with the outcome! It sort of resembles the color of an iced coffee, so I had to stop myself from sticking a straw in the paint can! I'm sure that would've given me some serious jitters. ;)

Here's a better photo of the paint, and a shot of the cabinet installation . . .

And here's the guys installing the pantry. 

It's by far my most favorite cabinet in the whole kitchen!

The roll-out drawers make it so easy to see what's in there! 
*Disclaimer -- JIF did not sponsor this post or pay us to show their products in our photos. I'm just addicted to the creamy goodness, so I think it deserves a spot on the first shelf in our pantry. The end.

This is how things were looking as of Saturday night when the guys called it quits for the weekend . . . 

We've still got a double upper cabinet to put up on the right side of the sink, and a little glass-front corner cabinet that's going in at the left of the sink, but we're almost there!!!

You've come a long way, baby!

***


I'm so excited to have a full-working kitchen again, so we're making up some extra special treats this week!

Sunday -- Pretzel Chicken {new} w/ Veggies

Monday -- Simple Supper (hubby and I are taking the day off to spend together!)


Wednesday -- {Meat Free} Grilled Veggie Pizza + Side Salads

Thursday -- {Meat Free} Eggplant Parmesan {new} w/ Steamed Broccoli 

Friday -- Leftovers

Saturday -- TBD

For more menu plan ideas, head over to Laura's space at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Tons of great menus are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!

Have a blessed Monday!






5 comments:

  1. Dont you love it when you can really love your space ands the things we add to them?! Lovin the progress and your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... I love it!! And, what a treat to have your brother in town with his family. Have a blessed week... and enjoy the new kitchen (along with those amazing new pull out shelves)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little kitchen is coming along... I know you're more than excited!
    I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family. I'm sure it's much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paint color looks great with the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the kitchen, those cabinets are great as well as the counters!! Great selections.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel