Friday, August 26, 2011

In-Law Visit Recap: IKEA Trip


Our visit with Nathan’s parents came to a close this morning, and although we’re sad to see them leave, we are so delighted that their trip was a fun one.


You may remember me mentioning that we went to Ikea? I didn’t think the Atwood males would be that into it, but surprisingly, Nathan loved it. That man…he surprises me more and more each day. When he started throwing things into the big yellow Ikea bag, it made me so happy. ;)

We picked up a few great finds on our very first Ikea venture. 

Like this handy Lodder duster for $2.99…

It's bendy!

...And soft and will get in all those hard-to-reach areas of your home. Not that we have many hard-to-reach areas, but if we ever do, boy will we look cool dusting them! :)

We also swiped these cootie patootie Bygel Wire Baskets for $1.99/each. We plan to use them for spices in our new kitchen, but we haven’t exactly decided how we’ll mount them yet. I’ll be sure to do a re-post if I figure it out.


We got these practical and cheap utensil holders for about $1.99/ea that fit inside cabinet drawers. I had to finagle them to fit because they were a tad long, but they get the job done. Now I’m wishing I had bought a third one for the middle, as you can tell. 

And the ultimate treasures of the day were these lovelies…

I pinned them a while back thinking they’d be perfect for our living room, but then I discovered that they weren’t available via the website. Sigh. Thankfully, they had them in the store and I swiped up the pair for $60. Reason number 1,928,214 why I big fat heart Ikea – they sell curtains by the pair, not the panel. Because really, who needs just 1 curtain? Not I. Now I can't wait to get them hung! I just need to swipe some cheap Roman shades from somewhere, and then we'll be in business.

So there you have it. Our first Ikea trip, and we made it out without spending our whole life savings and without buying stuff we don't need (except maybe for that duster, but Nathan threw that in the bag and I wasn't gonna' stop him!).

So how about you? Have you ever been to an IKEA? If so, were you overwhelmed, joyously surprised, head-over-heels in love by the time you left? I'd love to hear!



4 comments:

  1. That bendy brush looks like it might be great for cleaning ceiling fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I love Ikea =) So glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been to Ikea but am really wanting to go. There's not one in the Memphis area and I'm actually not sure where the closet one is. I have been to The Container Store in ATL which was pretty awesome!
    I'm glad your Hub got into the Ikea thing. It doesn't take much to get them into fun stuff like that.
    So glad you had a great visit with the family. It's always hard to see them go. :(
    Glad you're back and can't wait to see how you hang those cute baskets and love those adorable curtains. I'm hanging by a thread to see your completed kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the curtains and all of the finds! ikea is the best!!

    also, i heard they opened a chik-fil-a on nyu campus!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel