Today I’m linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls “Gratituesday.” If you’re grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!
This week, I’m grateful that…
- Our pastor has started a new sermon series called “A Thousand Little Choices” and the truths from each week have just been so life-changing. I’m thankful that each Sunday, Nathan and I leave our church feeling challenged and/or encouraged to grow in our faith journey. We’ve been having lots of spiritual discussions, setting goals for ourselves and spending more time in devotions and prayer together.
- Along with spiritual goals, Nathan and I also just started our new financial goals in August. We’ve completely revamped our budget, and are excited to start saving more, and living with less. Usually we think of setting goals only in January when the new year rolls in, but it has been refreshing setting goals in August. I’m thankful for the excitement in setting and accomplishing things mid-year!
- Speaking of financial goals, I am so truly thankful for my man and his leadership abilities. He is the manager of our finances and I tell you what…he does an amazing job at it! He never lets it frustrate him or overwhelm him (which is something I would definitely do if I managed the money), and he is always willing to explain things to me in a way I understand it. :) I am thankful that our entire kitchen remodel has been done without taking out one red cent of debt, and that’s all attributed to Nathan’s keen financial sense and Jesus (for helping us find the great deals!).
- I’m also thankful today for all that sweet time I had with my family last week. By the time they loaded up and headed back to AL, my heart was just bursting with love and happiness from having spent so much quality time with them.
- And last, but certainly not least, I’m thankful today for the small group that Nathan and I are in. We joined our group last November, and it has now grown to 5 couples…some with kiddos, some without, some older, some younger…but we all come with one common goal: to follow after Jesus with our whole hearts. It has been such a blessing to be in fellowship with couples who share our interests, pray together, serve together, laugh at each other’s jokes and…love food! ;)