Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gratituesday: The Small Stuff

I don’t know if this is true in your part of the country, but we are definitely feeling fall creeping in the air. I couldn't love it more. There’s something so refreshing about taking an after-dinner walk with my man in the cool, crisp night air.  


Saturday night was so nice. Slightly cool, but not cold. And I walked on our front porch and the most glorious hot pink sunset hit me square in the face. I immediately ran to grab my keys, hopped in my car, and made my way down the road a bit to catch a full glimpse . . .


And I breathed deep.



Jesus just knew my soul needed a timeout…and boy did it. I drank in that sunset and let it sink down into my tired spiritual bones. I relished in the truth that I am creature and He is Creator. And I was still. It was some much-needed quiet time between me and my Lord.
 

Nathan had the entire day off Sunday and we took advantage of every millisecond. By Sunday night, I was sad that we both had to go back to work the next day and leave each other. We just had the best day worshipping at church together, making copy cat Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burritos together (that was a request from Nathan, and they were surprisingly yummy), watching a movie together, taking a walk together, and laughing together.

I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that the fabric I’ve been eyeing for the kitchen drapes was discounted within the past week. I got enough fabric to do drapes for the French Doors and a café rod for the window for less than $50.
One thing I’m learning lately? Slowing down and enjoying the small stuff - counting it all as blessings from the Creator - is pure bliss.


This post is linked up with “Gratituesday” over at Heavenly Homemakers. If you’re grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!




4 comments:

  1. yea :) smiling over here with all that God has been teaching you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and relish God's blessings. I started reading One Thousand Gifts yesterday - love it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post. Many times we take those beautiful sunsets for granted. I'm so glad you were able to slow down, breath deep and thank our gracious God for everything. It's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for taking time to enjoy God's blessings. =) This post made me so happy. Yay as well for time with your hubby. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday and some time very well spent.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel