Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gratituesday


Today I’m linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls “Gratituesday.” If you’re grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!

This week, I’m grateful that…
  •  Our countertops are officially installed! For those of you who also follow us over on Twitter, you probably have already seen the photos…I was so excited Nathan shared some via text message with me since I couldn't be there when they were installing them. Here are some updated photos that I took with my camera yesterday afternoon when I got to see them in person…



We decided to go with the 2-inch backsplash and I like it! It's not too big, but it's not too small either. 

And here's a close-up of the counter next to the cabinets...you can see it has specks of cherry, tan and black, so we think it picks up our floor, appliances and cabinets nicely. 

I’m grateful everything went well with the install and that all the measurements were right on. Of course, how could they not be when I have two amazingly handy perfectionists working for me?! (grin)

Speaking of which, I’m so grateful for these two…

They are both just as OCD as me when it comes to this project, and I LOVE it! I’m so thankful for their hard work. I can’t imagine I would be as cheerful as them if I had to work 8+ hours a day and then work 4 or 5 more hours at night doing manual labor in a kitchen, but they are just so chipper when they work together and it makes this whole process all the more joyful.
  • Last but not least, I’m so grateful for summer! I just love all the extra hours of daylight, the beautiful sunshine and the warm weather we've been having. I’m also thankful Nathan and I have been taking advantage of summer this year by going on lots of bike rides, walks around the neighborhood, and enjoying grilled food. 



6 comments:

  1. oh....friend!!! I LOVE it!

    I was so excited to get up this morning and check for photos. I just love it. It looks amazing. The colors are so warm and welcoming.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its the perfect back splash for your space.I love the color of your cabinets I prefer darker woods.Everything seems to be moving quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The countertops are beautiful! I know you're oh so excited about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the countertops - they look so good with the dark cabinets. Good for you being thankful even in the midst of a BIG remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those countertops are gorgeous! They match your cabinets and appliances so well. Your kitchen looks so professional and fancy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look fab! i LOVE the counters!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel