Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gratituesday

Today I'm linking up with Laura from Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!

This week I have felt God really challenging me to count my blessings - even when they may seem small.

• I'm grateful that I got to break free from the office yesterday and spend my lunch hour walking in one of my favorite parks! It was extremely humid here yesterday, but as soon as I got to my favorite park, the breeze started picking up and a little white butterfly followed me around for a bit. It was so simple, but yet so needed. I was able to be still at the feet of my Creator for about 30 minutes which is something my busy soul desperately needed!

• I know I mentioned this yesterday, but I am so thankful that God allowed me to attend the marriage conference at our church this weekend hosted by Clifford and Joyce Penner. The principles, disciplines and practices that were taught on have really opened up a lot of helpful discussions for Nathan and me. One of the most powerful quotes they said all weekend was, "Daily passionate kissing keeps the pilot light on so that you can more easily turn up the flame." I just loved that quote! It's challenged Nathan and me to slow down and take time for each other more -- enjoying those lingering kisses instead of quick, pecks on the lips. :)

• Last but not least, I thought I'd share a catchy little song from Mandisa that I've been hearing more and more on our local Christian radio station. Listen to this and try not to dance. I dare you. I'm grateful for new mercies every morning . . . and for songs that can help you get your morning groove on! :)

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that song too! I'm glad you had that break during your lunch hour. I do that sometimes and it really is so nice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaks... oh so refreshing!

    I love that quote too from the marriage retreat - so glad God is using that in your marriage in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel