Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gratituesday: Vacation!


Today I'm linking up with Laura from Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!

Each year Nathan and I try to squeeze in a long vacation in celebration of our anniversary. Last week, we boarded a plan and took a trip south to the beautiful country of Mexico. We celebrated our honeymoon in Mexico, so this was our second time there. This time, we stayed in a town further south of Cancun called Puertos Morelos at the beautiful and luxurious Secrets Silversands resort.  

This vacation was much-needed, and we made several rules beforehand -- at no time during our vacation were we allowed to mention the "W" word (work), the "K" word (kitchen), or the "H" word (home). For 7 days, we relaxed by the beach/pool, ate way too much of the delicious food, saw some historical sites and even went zip-lining and rappelling in a rain forest. But enough of my yacking . . . here are some photos of our romantic and relaxing week:

Here are some photos of the resort:

The Lobby


Our room


Lounging area outside

the "infinity" pool

Delicious food 


The beautiful Mexican sunrise

Sunset

A trip to beautiful Tulum 


The beach at Tulum was the prettiest I have ever seen!


Complimentary photo from our resort

We are so grateful that we got to spend an entire week together rejuvenating our marriage, relaxing and being pampered by the wonderful and totally hospitable hotel staff. We're also extremely grateful that God gave us safety in our travels and that we were welcomed home with a tiled kitchen floor, fresh flowers, and food in the fridge - compliments of my parents! 




6 comments:

  1. looks like you had an amazing time! the photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, I have been a little out of touch. I had a birthday and my mother had a milestone birthday and we had a huge party. More on the lines of a wedding reception, so I was a little crazy for a month or so! Lots and lots of out of town family staying with me!
    I am so happy to catch up on your blog! What a great vacation. And what darling pictures of you and Nathan. Such a gorgeous and upscale resort you vacationed at. WOW! I need to rethink my vacation to Bar Harbor!!!!!
    Such sweet pictures!
    Love, Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds wonderful--- love the pictures. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary - maybe a yearly trip??? And what a nice welcome home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- lovely trip!! I was surprised you were already posting, seeing as you just returned home. But, when I got to the end of the post, I realized why :) Your parents are so thoughtful to bless the two of you that way on your return home! I'm happy you had a blessed time just the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel