Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Recap + June 20 Menu Plan

This past weekend, I got to spend a lot of time at my parents house enjoying company with good friends, my family and of course . . .good food. :) My mom and I hosted a neighborhood yard sale this weekend, so Friday and Saturday were both spent outdoors at the sale -- thank the Lord for beautiful yard sale weather and lots of great shoppers who bought a lot of our junk wonderful items. 


Saturday night, we decided to celebrate Father's Day early so my parents, Nathan and me all took my dad out to Bugaboo Creek Steak House. Nathan and I have never been, but I think we've found our new favorite steak joint! The decor was super cute - lodge style, and the food was delicious! 


Here are a few photos from our outing:

My sweet dad and mom 

Me & Nathan. And yes, he's giving me bunny ears - stinker!

We all ate way too much, but not enough that we couldn't stop by our favorite ice cream joint on our way back home. :) After ice cream, we mozied on back to my parents' casa where we gave my dad his gifts and rested our bellies. It was a perfect weekend, and I'm so glad I got to spend so much of it with my sweet family. 

***


Here's what's going down in kitchen this week . . .we're still renovating, so that explains all the sandwiches and grilled food! :)

Monday -- Leftover Enchilada Casserole from Sunday

Tuesday -- Steaks from the grill {new recipe I spied from Chef Anne!}, Potatoes & Side Salads

Wednesday -- {Meat Free} Egg Salad Sandwiches, Fruit Smoothies

Thursday -- Leftovers


Saturday -- Coffee Pancakes {new}

If you need more menu planning inspiration, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie. Tons of great menus are posted each week for Menu Planning Monday!

Have a blessed Monday!


3 comments:

  1. so glad you got to spend so much time together with your family this weekend. Must have meant a weekend off from the kitchen work?

    You have many yummy treats on your menu this week - the coffee pancakes - in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That sounds like such a great weekend. I'm glad you had so much fun and got to spend so much time with your family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you that time with your family and got to help out the young woman. It makes it twice as nice knowing the profits go to a good cause.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel