Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SSMT Verse #11

It’s hard for me to believe that we’re almost halfway through Siesta Scripture Memory Team!

I have to admit, when I first started this in January I thought that it would be difficult to find 2 verses each month to memorize. I’m sure God had a good laugh at that! Ever since I’ve started, He’s been revealing so many wonderful verses (either through the sermons at church, our small group on Monday’s, or just in my regular Bible reading time) that my mind, soul and heart truly need. It is amazing what committing verses to memory will do!

This week’s verse is one I chose based on the sermon from our Sunday church service. The message was on living a life of worship, and it challenged me in so many areas! I’m committing this one to memory so that I’ll be reminded that God doesn’t just want our worship on Sunday’s, but that we were created to live a life of worship.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship." ~ Romans 12:1
PS – I’d love to hear if any of you are also participating in SSMT, and how it’s going for you! Are you finding that it’s getting easier, harder, or maybe a bit of both? Also, what has been your favorite verse so far?

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful verse! I love this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sticking with it and have started memorizing Psalm 103. I add a couple of verses each time.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel