Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Anniversary + June 13 Menu Plan

Two years ago today I walked down the aisle in a small Alabama church and was greeted by this fine-lookin' man . . . 



Songs were sung, folks said nice things about us both and then I promised through and through the following words: 

"I love you, Nathan, and I know that God has ordained this love. Because of this I desire to be your wife. For years I have prayed that God would lead me to His choice and I am confident that His will is being fulfilled tonight. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future I promise to be faithful to you. I will love, serve, and obey you as long as we both are alive. Christ told us that the wife must submit herself unto her own husband as unto the Lord. For as Christ is Head of His Church so is the husband head of his wife. Nathan, I submit myself to you. With all of my heart, I make this pledge to you."

I would do and say those promises all over again to the same man, 1,000,000 times more if I had to. I am plumb crazy about him. Even after two years of marriage he still opens the car door for me, squeezes my hand 3 times in public (it's our code for "I love you" when we can't really be mushy gushy), leaves me sweet notes in the house at random, sleeps on the couch with me when I want to stay up late even though it hurts his back to do so, goes along with all my crazy decorating ideas, lets me take the first sip of his Dr. Pepper, confides in me, and treats me so good sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky. 

Happy 2 years, Love. I am so blessed to call you my man. Thank you for loving me.

***


Here's what we'll be chowing down on this week!

Monday -- Out to eat for the anniversary!

Tuesday -- Sub Sandwiches for the guys (my 2 favorite men are going to be doing more kitchen work!)

Wednesday -- {Meat Free} Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot (topped w/ broccoli, cheese and other yummy fixins)

Thursday -- Steak from the grill, veggies

Friday -- Leftovers

Saturday -- Lasagna for two, veggies

If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday! Lots of great menu plans are posted each week.

Have a blessed Monday,


7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Your vows are beautiful. Isn't it amazing that those words we promised on our wedding day grow more and more meaningful and true with each passing year?! God is good and I'm praising Him today for your marriage.

    {oh - my family has done the "three squeezes" for years for I love you!! So fun to meet someone else who does that too}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just don't know how happy we are that two years ago YOU joined our family~ love you dearly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you two! I hope you guys have a great time celebrating this evening! =) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rachel! This made me cry! What a Godly young woman you are! You and Nathan have something very very special. I love that you submit to him. I'm sure you can do that because he is a Godly man!
    Happy Anniversary! And I pray that you have many dozen more!
    Lots of love to both of you,
    Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary sweet Rachel and Nathan. Thank you for allowing us to share in your special day. You were a beautiful bride and you had an absolute beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary! i am so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel