Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gratituesday


Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something today, then head on over and link up with us!

This week, I'm grateful that:

  • I finally got the majority of our cement backer board dust swept and mopped away! Why didn’t anyone warn me that kitchen remodels were messy? :)
  • I got to spend some much-needed time catching up with one of my BFF’s this weekend via phone. Nathan asked me later what on earth girls can talk about for 2 hours. Isn’t chatting with a girlfriend simply the best?
  • My mom was so kind to make Nathan and me some of her delicious Lasagna this weekend because she knew we had our hands full with the kitchen. It was such a treat! Maybe one of these days I can get my sweet mom on the blog and feature her famous lasagna? (She’s probably reading this right now and rolling her eyes – she’s so modest.)


2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a homemade meal from mom!!

    And I agree, talking with your girlfriends is pretty awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had warned you about the dust! We didn't remodel the kitchen but 2 summers ago the landlord had our cabinets refinished. I had no idea there would be that much dust! I had already thoroughly cleaned the house for the summer and I came home that afternoon to dust from one end of the house to the other! If I'd know we would have hung up a tarp in the doorway between the living room & kitchen. I ended up closing all of the doors that I could to keep the dust from spreading! Our landlord felt terrible too, he had no idea it would be that bad! Plus they left everything a mess in the cabinets and the garage wasn't as clean as it had been when they got there either. Sadly this was supposed to be the "neatest crew". Next time we'll know!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel