Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gratituesday

On Tuesday's I link up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up!
 
My Gratituesday post is a little late today because we were celebrating our 2-year anniversary all weekend, but I couldn't go without giving a shout-out to Jesus for all the wonderful blessings we've been experiencing as of late.
 
This week, I'm grateful that:
 
  • Our old kitchen cabinets SOLD!!! Last week I asked for your prayers in this, and I thank you so much for all those who lifted this very minor, but important to us, request up on our behalf. I feel so good knowing that a kind elder lady bought them for her house (that, get this -- has NO cabinets whatsoever). She was delighted, as was I. It was a win-win all around! And now our living room and dining room are free of cabinets so that my two favorite men can work better on the kitchen remodel. We also managed to stock away the money we made off the old cabinets into our "countertop fund" -- we're hoping to place our order for the countertops in the next two weeks!
  • Nathan and I had a wonderful time celebrating our two-year anniversary (thank you to everyone who wished us a happy one!). We kicked it off in high style Sunday night by tent camping in our backyard . . .
 
We took the "roof" off the tent and enjoyed the relaxing breezes and amazing views of God's creation -- we saw lightening bugs flying over our tent all night, twinkling stars covering the navy sky and the full light-filled moon. The crickets even serenaded us until we fell asleep! It was about the neatest thing I've ever done. And might I add, the most romantic.

The ominous moon . . .

I just loved this photo! We tried about 8,397 times to take a good one but couldn't because we both kept being silly and laughing.
 
Monday was our actual anniversary and we both took the day off work to spend together. We did some logistical things in the morning like take my car for its annual inspection and hit up the local library, but then we enjoyed the rest of the day with a bike ride along the Erie Canal . . .



 
A game of mini golf . . .


 
A trip to the local Goodwill . . .


Topped off with a yummy dinner at a local wood fired pizza joint and a movie back at Casa Atwood.
 
It was the perfect day -- filled with fun, laughs and outdoor adventures, as well as lots of R&R at home.
 
  • Over the weekend, Nathan and I enjoyed another bike ride on a nearby trail where we engaged in some deep spiritual discussion (it was more fun than it sounds!). And, turns out, that the Holy Spirit has been speaking to Nathan and I about some of the same things and we didn't even know it! I love when He does that! We had a great time connecting on a deeper level while enjoying God's creation. Oh, and I saw my very first red-winged black bird on our bike ride! I was really excited, and totally taken back by their beauty.
 
 
 




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great anniversary! I didn't realize you had such a large backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun anniversary celebration! Sounds like you two had a lot of fun. =) Camping in the back yard sounds so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the camping in your own back yard idea -- what fun! I'm so happy (a) that your cabinets went to the perfect recipient, (b) you had such a lovely anniversary, and (c) that you saw a red winged black bird!! We have so many here (we live near a wetland) and LOVE them. I love their call -- so unique :) Have a blessed day, friend.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel