Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gratituesday: Kitchen Blessings

Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up with us!

This week, I started reflecting on how good God has been to us through this whole kitchen remodel and I couldn't help but jot a few things down:
  • The guys are working so hard on the kitchen renovation, and last night was "mock-up" night. They placed all the new kitchen cabinets in the kitchen and figured out where each one would go. Saturday they are starting the install, and I couldn't be happier! I'm not going to lie . . . it will be so nice to have my dishwasher back! :) Whoever thought of that appliance was a genius, I tell ya.

  • Previous to "mock up" night, both Nathan and I were sweating it. We just weren't sure the cabinets would all fit the way we originally had planned. But, thank the Lord that everything fit perfectly once they started moving stuff in last night!

  • I'm amazed that God continues to watch over us through the kitchen remodel. Originally, we weren't planning to replace the kitchen window or the sliding glass door in the dining room -- even though they both desperately needed it, we thought we'd wait until a later date and save up the money. However, in the past two weeks, God has led us to find a brand new kitchen window (for only $25!!) and Exterior French Doors that were only $200 -- these usually run upwards of $800! And did I mention that the measurements were exactly the same as ours? Such a God thing! Even though these are material things, it has made me so much more aware through this whole process how much God loves us and wants good things for us. It's definitely been a faith booster for me!

4 comments:

  1. how awesome -- I love it when God blesses that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good! That's awesome about all the measurements being pretty much perfect. =) Isn't it the best when things work out like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I can't wait to see pictures when it's all finished.
    PS..sorry I've been so MIA lately!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call those faith moments - when God comes through in such an amazing way that you know it's Him behind it. God is so faithful to look out for us!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel