Sunday, May 1, 2011

SSMT Verse #9

Because May 1 fell on a Sunday, I completely forgot today was our day to post our verses for Siesta Scripture Memory Team


I've had mine picked out for the past two weeks, and turned there this morning to read it. I noticed across the page, I had a different verse underlined and it caught my attention. 


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27 (NIV)


I've been feeling so heartbroken this weekend over the devastation that occurred in the south; especially in my home state of AL. I've heard news of friends losing homes and loved ones and other friends who were so fortunate to be alive . . .it's been a roller coaster of emotions. I'm truly thankful that all of my family is safe and accounted for, and my prayers and thoughts are with those who lost so much. SSMT Verse #9 is dedicated to them. 


May God grant you peace during this very difficult time. 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rach :) I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, all our prayers are with Alabama and the rest of the south. And especially after the world news yesterday, your weekly verse really touched me; thank you for posting it each week. I'm sure you have a Bible at home, but I found a website called YouVersion; the online Bible (many versions, that you can read, highlight, and even have special reading plans. I've started the one on marriage. It's wonderful, so I thought I'd pass it along. : )

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel