Sunday, May 15, 2011

SSMT Verse #10

Siesta Scripture Memory Team fell, once again, on a Sunday and I completely forgot until later today. I wanted to post mine up even though it's a bit late in the day because I really, really want to stay on the SSMT bandwagon. The more verses we memorize, the harder it gets so I'm hoping God will give me the strength and wisdom to keep going!


This week's verse is one I've heard a million times, but I thought it might be nice to finally place it in my memory bank. I shared with you last week that I've started reading a new book on gratitude, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (I highly recommend it!). Ever since I started reading it, I've been trying to be more purposeful in giving more thanks to God in my daily life.


This may seem small, but last week we prayed and prayed all week long that God would hold off the rain for our weekend camping trip in Ithaca. The forecast said 70% chance, and we had some gray skies on Saturday, but would you believe we didn't see a drop of rain all weekend?!? Today it's been raining cats and dogs, but I'm not dare going to complain! God was so good to answer our prayers, and we had such a fun, relaxing and rain-free weekend camping with my parents.   


"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever." -- Psalm 136:1 (NIV)

Thank you Lord for holding off the rain so that we could have a fun getaway with our family -- You are so good! Thank you for caring about the really big things in our life, but also the small.



1 comment:

  1. Glad the rain stayed away for you! I think it came to us & stayed instead! Great verse! I'm hoping to get caught up in June when school is finally out!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel