Monday, May 30, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Progress + Menu Plan Monday

First off, Happy Memorial Day to all of my sweet bloggy friends! I hope you have a fun day off with your family. And, if you're a military family -- I pray BIG blessings on you today. Thank you for having faith to send your loved ones off into the unknown. Both of my grandfathers were soldiers, so I have an especially tender spot for those who fight or have fought in our armed forces. I know a virtual Thank You isn't much, but I sure do appreciate the dedication of our current soldiers and our fallen ones. 


Secondly, I thought you might like to see how we're spending Memorial Day (or at least my dad and Nathan) . . . 



They've made huge progress - all of our upper cabinets are removed, and today they are working on removing that 7-inch soffit and our lights. We were a little nervous on Saturday when they cut through the soffit. They thought that the roof was being supported by some important beams that ran through the soffit, and this would have put quite the hiccup in our plans. We're hoping everything continues to go smoothly once they get in there today and figure out what's going on.



As you can tell, our kitchen is a bit out of commission so for the next few weeks meals around here will either be grilled, Crock Potted or microwaved. It's challenged me to be creative, that's for sure! I'm hoping we can eat out as little as possible while we're remodeling.

Monday -- Memorial Day grub @ my parents place -- we're grilling ribs, hots, hamburgs and serving up some delicious sides to go with it!


Wednesday -- Leftover Night


Friday -- BBQ Chicken Salads w/ leftover chicken

Saturday -- Simple Sandwiches

For more menu plan ideas, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie! Lots of great menus are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I see an improvement already! I can't wait to see the finished result! :) Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but the excitement of a new kitchen is so worth the crockpot and bbq eating :) They have made great progress -- so glad nothing has put a change in your plans so far. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holiday to you - hope you're not working too hard. Love seeing the progress on the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting about your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!! We've got quite a bit left to do, but it's nice to have a start on it! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel