Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gratituesday

Today I'm linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls "Gratituesday." If you're grateful for something, then head on over and link up today!

This week, I'm grateful that . . .
  • We haven't had rain in 48 hours!! We've been getting lots and lots of rain here lately, so it has been so nice to finally see some sunshine.

  • We were able to buy our ceramic tile for our kitchen renovation. We went this weekend and Lowe's had our ceramic tile for .52/square foot. We are so happy to have our tile and even more happy that it was so cheap!

  • Saturday, my mom and I had a "Mother/Daughter Day." She's been really wanting to go to this local tea room in town, so I took her there for an early Mother's Day present. We got dressed up, had tea, lunch and dessert. After our tea party we went to the Goodwill and found some great deals! We had such a fun time together :)

  • I've been reading a wonderful new book by Ann Voskamp called One Thousand Gifts. I highly recommend it! I'm only three chapters in, but it has been one of the best books I've read in a really long time. The whole premise is focused on living a full life, right where you are and being truly grateful for everything. That may sound cliche, but Ann's writing is so beautiful and she presents this concept in a fresh new way!

6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    I love the image of you and your Mom having tea together. The hats are a very proper touch... and pretty! And you just look so sweet!

    Thanks for the info on the book. I am always looking for a new book to read! I try to remember to live a purposeful life not let life just... well... take on a life of it's own!
    xo Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend -- love the photo of the tea, complete with the hats!!

    I've heard great things about the book, I'll have to add it to my summer "to-read" pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea looks like a lot of fun and the book looks great! I will have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Good luck on the kitchen renovations. Those can be stressful.

    I've heard a lot about that book. I've got to add it to my list. Oh wait! I have to start my list.. well, at least its in my head! :p

    Thanks for sharing. And I love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to your site after you linked your blog on Heavenly Homemakers. I love the hats you and your mom are wearing and am glad you were able to go to the tea room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the picture! Thanks for info about book, too - sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel