Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Recap + April 4 Menu Plan

You won't believe what Nathan and I did on Saturday, y'all!! We went on our very first bike ride of the season! That's right . . . the snow has finally decided to melt after a few days of 30-ish degree weather. Hallelujah, spring has arrived!! For now, at least. 


Our bike ride was glorious. We were bundled up in about three different layers, with ear muffs, but it was glorious. It felt so good to bike again, and we went for about 7 miles. I wish I had pictures, but you should have seen us . . . when we woke up on Saturday, we couldn't get dressed and get out of the house fast enough. We were so excited that we left our camera right inside the house. Oh well! You'll just have to trust me when I say that we had a good time. 


Something about the nicer weather brings out the silly in me. My man and I had so many laughs this weekend, my face and jaws are still sore. I was so silly, in fact, that Saturday night I agreed to tag along with Nathan to a car show. I haven't the slightest interest in cars, but I do have an interest in one handsome red-headed fella, so I went along. And can I just say, it was actually loads of fun! There were some really cute two-seater cars that I could totally see myself in, and one black with hot pink flames hot rod that had my name written all over it. We did not forget our camera to this affair, so here are some photos of our fun time:



The firebird was by far Nathan's favorite -- 
he used to own one back in the day, so it was a sentimental moment.


I got the biggest kick out of the Monster Truck . . .
I would love to have one of these on the interstate!


I was so pleased Nathan had such a great time.  It was by far one of the most masculine date nights we've had, but it was worth it to see that handsome grin on his face all night. ;)








Nathan has a great work schedule this week, so we're going to enjoy eating dinner together every night! We're hoping to try some new fun recipes, so I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out!


Monday -- Bible Study Night & Meat-Free Night ~ Easy Ravioli Dinner w/ Side Salads


Tuesday -- Taco Salads using this new recipe we found for Baked Taco Bowls -- I'm super excited about this!

Wednesday -- Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake {new}


Thursday -- Buffalo Wings in the Crock Pot w/ Celery {new}


Friday -- Leftover Night


Saturday -- Grilled Barbecue Chicken with Rice and Veggies (We're *hoping* it'll be warm enough Saturday to fire up the grill for the first time since last season.)


If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to check out I'm an Organizing Junkie -- lots of great menu plans are posted each week for Menu Plan Monday!


Have a great Monday!!







3 comments:

  1. You're scoring big points by being so agreeable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bike riding!! oh, spring is so close I can almost feel it :) Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bike ride sounds fun! So it's still freezing there? It's getting better here, but we still have our cold days. Especially last week.... soooo cold. But this weekend was sooo gorgeous! =]

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel