Friday, April 15, 2011

SSMT Verse #8

Today's the day for Verse #8 of the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT)!


I chose Matthew 6:25 as my verse for this week. I've had it written down on my list of "potential" SSMT verses for a while now, but for some reason this week it's more applicable to me. It's officially making it into the spiral! :)
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" ~ Matt. 6:25 (NIV)
I'm memorizing this one so that next time I start obsessing over . . .finances, house projects, planning for the future, work, or any other materialistic possession, I can be reminded of the truth that life is more than this "stuff," and that God knows what we're in need of (so thankful for that!).


If you're participating in SSMT, don't forget to link up on Beth's blog today!




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this verse! When I was in college I had about 8 verses that I just loved and claimed for my life. I wrote them down in marker on paper ripped from a spiral bound notebook and then I taped them to my dorm room wall. When I'd sit at my desk and be upset about my homework, I'd look up at the wall and see my verses and I'd feel better.

    This verse is one of those verses I had up on that wall! Really good one! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse! I'm so behind on this! I hope to catch up this summer! I'm going to have to do one a week to catch up! But I should have more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to pick and post mine this time - was gone to Georgia and got home late last night. Thanks as always for the reminder, although I'm starting to get the hang of the 1st and the 15th.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel