Friday, April 1, 2011

SSMT Verse #7

I think I said this on week 4, but I'll say it again -- I can't believe we're already this far into Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT). Not only am I completely amazed that learning these verses has (so far) come fairly and surprisingly easy to me, but I'm also amazed that January was so long ago!


Now if only it felt like January was long ago. Can you believe we got snow here again yesterday? It was only 1/2 inch, but it was still snow. My sinuses don't know what to think, so they're just throwing a tantrum in detest. 


This week's verse is one that I jotted down a few weeks back when I was feeling like my life was a bit crowded.  Do you ever feel this way? Sometimes (for me at least), I can get so bogged down in doing life that I forget why in the world I'm really here. This verse was a great reminder for me that I was created for more . . .more than just going through life, more than the mundane, more than the crowded schedule. 


"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~ Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
I think the key is figuring out what "good works" God created me for, and making the time for more of that. I'm excited to memorize this verse and use it as a prayer to ask God to show me where He wants me involved, and where He doesn't -- this way, my life can feel less crowded and more spiritually full.


**If you're on the SSMT, don't forget to link up to Beth's blog today!




4 comments:

  1. Love that verse. I think I'll try to memorize it right along with you! It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to post! I am enjoying this. When I wake up in the night, I review my verses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel we're about to get snow again too. Not much, just enough to annoy me after finally getting in a bike ride yesterday.

    Soon it'll be spring, right?

    L

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel