Monday, April 18, 2011

Marital Monday + April 18 Menu Plan


Just a piece of simple advice today from one very exhausted trim-painting housewife: household projects are totally fun and worth the time/investment, BUT (and that is a BIG BUT right there), they can also get on your ever lovin' last nerve if you aren't careful. 

This past weekend, we had a little issue with our doors (that we unhinged and painted white) not fitting properly when we went to put them back on. I'm not sure if the paint magically made these doors grow an extra 5 inches, or if someone came in while we were away and switched them with larger doors, but whatever the case . . .I was frustrated. To say the least. Then, Nathan kindly reminded me that the word "pain" is in PAINT. For some reason, it made me laugh hysterically and I kissed and made up with my paintbrush. 

Just rest assured that house projects go awry, they will test your patience, and it can always be fixed, no matter how bad it may seem. :)


I'm excited to have a four-day work week and to have Nathan home each night for dinner this week. We're planning some exciting new dishes and looking forward to some much-needed quality time. 

Monday -- Orange Chicken, Brown Rice & Steamed Broccoli

Tuesday -- (Meat Free) Spinach & Ricotta Dumplings {new}

Wednesday -- Lasagna Soup w/ Side Salads and Dinner Rolls

Thursday -- Leftovers 

Friday -- Chicken Enchiladas w/ Rice {new}

Saturday -- Grilled Barbecue Chicken from the Grill

If you need more menu plan ideas, don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday - lots of great menus are posted each week!!


And if you need some inspiration for the upcoming Easter holiday, don't forget to check out some of our favorite spring recipes.

Have a blessed Monday,

3 comments:

  1. Projects are tough, but it's sooo nice when they're done! Oh, and I made Annie's orange chicken last week and it was great! I love to deep fry.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "pain" in paint!!

    delicious week -- I'm off to check out the dumplings.
    We have a short week too, and actually have a 4-day weekend that I can't wait to roll around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am painting TODAY!!! I also bought new appliances and picked out the tile for the floor - all in one day - pretty stressed out, hoping it's all going to come together. Wish you were here to help paint!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel