Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gratituesday

Today I’m linking up with Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers for what she calls “Gratituesday.” If you’re grateful for something, then head on over and link up today!


  • Saturday morning/afternoon, I had the opportunity to travel to Buffalo with my parents to visit with some dear friends. They’re starting a church and held their first service on Easter, so we helped them pass out information in the community. It was great to spend some quality time with my mom and dad and see the work that God is doing in Buffalo!
  • Saturday night, Nathan was working so I spent the entire night baking. It’s one of my most-favorite things to do when he’s out of the house because I usually make a giant mess in the kitchen during my baking binges. Here’s a little teaser of what I was cooking up . . .  {recipes to come tomorrow, so check back!}

  • Sunday, I spent more time with my parents while Nathan was working during the afternoon. We had a huge feast and then sat down to “watch a movie” (a.k.a. fall asleep after our food-induced coma). I was really thankful to spend so much time with them this weekend!
  • And last, but certainly not least, I’m so thankful that we celebrated the Easter holiday in our church. I was reflecting on Monday morning about the services and how exciting everything was. My prayer on Monday was that my excitement wouldn't dwindle, although the holiday is over. I’m praying that I’ll be truly thankful each day for the sacrifice that God made for me.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend - so glad you were able to spend some time with your parents - if you can't be with us, I'm glad you're with them HA Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good weekend! Those cupcakes look delicious. Looking forward to seeing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from our readers. Thanks for stopping by to leave us a comment!
All the best,

Rachel